We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. In order to diagnose each specific patient's treatment needs, diagnostic records will be taken at the initial exam. For a play by play, click here.
These records include X-rays and photos. During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records.We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
What You Should Bring
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
- Download, print and fill out the Medical History Form. Click the link below to view our downloadable forms:
Go to Download Forms